Blog #2 Continued... more favorites
6) T. chapeuensis is very graceful in appearance and can grow very large. It is a rare find but well worth the money if you are a collector.
7) T. tricolor has leaves, which in bright light will often blush to red. It’s flowers also put on a show displaying bright red, gold, and purple.
8) T. xerographica is amazing, growing to almost 2’ wide and is known as the "King" of Tillandsias. This one can be prone to rot so make sure you shake it out after soaking. This will be in my collection this spring! Native to southern Mexico.
9) Tillandsia tenuifolia Cabo Frio has a wonderful form and can grow to 2’ long and still keep it’s tight, upright appearance. “Cabo Frio” is a new cultivar to me and apparently difficult to obtain.
10) T. seleriana has a huge bulbous base and a tighter form with more indumentum than T. bulbosa. It is native to southern Mexico and can be found in pine and oak woods.
Growing air plants can open up a new world of plant enjoyment for the timid indoor gardener. Their beauty and ease of care make them highly desirable for those who seek out specimens that are unusual but do not require a lot of effort. Because they do not grow in soil it is easy to come up with many different and creative ways to display them that will take up very little space while still making a huge visual impact.
Due to their increasing popularity Tillandsias are becoming easier to obtain; begin by checking with your local nursery before purchasing online. This way you can personally observe the health of the plant and see for yourself the actual size you are getting as sometimes they look larger in pictures than in real life at the time of purchase.
Be bold with your new plant additions and add an "air" of sophistication to your home with Tillandsias!
I'm a title. Click here to edit me
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you like on your page. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
This is a great space to write long text about your company and your services. You can use this space to go into a little more detail about your company. Talk about your team and what services you provide. Tell your visitors the story of how you came up with the idea for your business and what makes you different from your competitors. Make your company stand out and show your visitors who you are.
At Wix we’re passionate about making templates that allow you to build fabulous websites and it’s all thanks to the support and feedback from users like you! Keep up to date with New Releases and what’s Coming Soon in Wixellaneous in Support. Feel free to tell us what you think and give us feedback in the Wix Forum. If you’d like to benefit from a professional designer’s touch, head to the Wix Arena and connect with one of our Wix Pro designers. Or if you need more help you can simply type your questions into the Support Forum and get instant answers. To keep up to date with everything Wix, including tips and things we think are cool, just head to the Wix Blog!